1. What is the Statement Letter?

The Statement Letter needs to be uploaded in case you already completed your studies, but do not yet have your official degree. The EURICA Coordinator at your home university can provide you with or help you obtain a letter stating that your diploma will be issued before the start of the mobility. 

2. What is the Letter of Support?

The Letter of Support needs to be uploaded by ALL Latin American TG1 applicants and SOME European (TG1) applicants. Please consult this overview to see whether your home university requires you to upload this letter, in that case, contact the EURICA Coordinator at your home university to obtain the letter. The letter basically states that your home university supports your application, which facilitates the validation and evaluation process. Please note that your application may be rejected in case you do not submit this letter while this is an official requirement!

3. Are there specific requirements or templates for the Letter of Recommendation?

No, there are no specific requirements nor templates for the Letter of Recommendation. 

4. Should I upload my High School Diploma if that is my "last degree obtained"?

If your last degree is your High School Diploma, you do not need to upload that diploma. It is however essential that you provide proof of registration in an undergraduate degree programme in your home university (considering that undergraduate mobility is always non-degree or "sandwich" mobility) as well as the Transcript of Records (list of courses and grades obtained). 

Please note that undergraduates are only eligible for an EURICA mobility if they have successfully completed at least one year of studies in their home university.

5. I do not have a passport and it will not be issued before the application deadline, what can I do?

If your passport will not be issued before the application deadline, you should upload another document that provides proof of your identity and nationality. Also, we recommend you to add a letter written by you, stating that you will have a valid passport before the start of your mobility in case your EURICA scholarship is granted.

6. If the Universidad de Valladolid is my only desired host university, should my documentation still be translated to English?

No. If you only apply to the Universidad de Valladolid, you can upload all documents in Spanish.

7. I do not yet have my official diploma and will not have it before the deadline. Now what?

That is what the Letter of Declaration is for: please see question 1.

8. Are there requirements regarding the style, length and content of the Motivation Letter?

There are no specific requirements. There is no template regarding the style nor the length of the letter. However, please realize that the Motivation Letter is of great importance: you need to convince the evaluation committee of why you are the best candidate for an EURICA scholarship. Therefore we advise that, in addition to your academic excellence, you take into account other so-called "sustainability" aspects. For example: what would the mobility contribute to your academic and personal development, now and in the future, and what is its expected impact on the development of your institution and country?

9. I will apply for an undergraduate/master mobility. Do I need to upload the research/work plan?

No, the Research Plan is only for (post)doctoral candidates and the Work Plan is for staff mobility.

10. Can I translate the documents myself or are certified translations required?

At this stage in your process of obtaining an EURICA scholarhip, you can upload non-certified translations, although uncertified translations may be rejected in case their quality is low.. Please note that you may be requested to submit certified translations at a later stage, particularly if you apply to degree mobility. In that case, it may even be a legal requirement to unconditionally accept you.

In any case always upload the original non-translated document.

11. What does "Transcript of Records" mean?

The Transcript of Records is sometimes also referred to as a "list of grades", i.e. the academic results you have (so far) obtained: courses and grades.

12. What is the Letter of Special Circumstances?

This document is not mandatory for all applicants. It is only obligatory in case you apply as a Target Group 3 student. Additionally, if you believe that you are in a particularly disadvantaged situation, for example because you belong to a socio-economically vulnerable group or suffer from any type of disability, please upload a Letter of Special Circumstances explaining your situation.

Please note that EURICA scholarships will primarily be awarded based on academic excellence and motivation. Targeting vulnerability however is central to the policies of the European Commission regarding Erasmus Mundus Action 2, as well as the EURICA project in particular. Consequently, if you feel this applies to you, we recommend that you add the documentation that provides us with proof of your situation to your application.

13. I am a Target Group 2 applicant, do I need to submit a Letter of Support?

The Letter of Support is only mandatory for TG1 students or TG3 students registered at or linked to one of the partner universities. TG2 applicants do not have to upload anything, although it is recommended in case you apply to a no-degree/exchange mobility.

14. I have done the TOEFL test but the results will not be available before deadline. What can I do?

Some host universities require the official TOEFL results, others request other kinds of proof of language proficiency. Please see the bottom of the page about the desired host university, "Lanugage Requirements". If TOEFL is not required, you should add other proof you have regarding your language proficiency. If TOEFL is required, you should do the same if you do not have official test results available. In that case, please add a letter as well, stating the TOEFL results are still to be published and they will be sent as soon as possible.

Please note that in many universities, admission to degree programmes is the authority of the admissions board that is particular to the programme you apply to. This means that te EURICA coordination has no authority in these matters and cannot guarantee that your application will be processed in case you do not fulfill the formal requirements regarding application documentation.

Additionally, please always carefully check any other documentation that may be required by universities for official admission to degree programmes (e.g. GMAT tests). In case this is a formal requirement your application mayl be rejected if this information is not uploaded!